Thank you to all of you who have signed the petition to free Shahrokh Zamani. We recently heard that Shahrokh’s hunger strike ended after a month last April when he was moved back to Gohardasht prison. He is however weak and suffering illnesses associated with his hunger strike.
Whilst in Rajaie prison Shahrokh was with another imprisoned trade unionist, Reza Shahabi. Reza is the treasurer of the Tehran Bus Workers Union and has been imprisoned on similar charges. Reza has severe health problems from torture yet has been denied access to health care multiple times. He recently got one operation he needs but he is still imprisoned for the crime of being a trade unionist.
We have extended our campaign to include Reza and added new materials to our blog – https://shahrokhzamani.wordpress.com/
Please consider helping us by doing one of the following things:
• Take a petition around your union branch meeting, ask your work colleagues to sign or pass a petition around a university lecture you are in.
• Organise a regular street stall; make banners and placards, ask members of the public to sign the petition.
• Share the online petition – bit.ly/freeshahrokhandreza
• Change your facebook and twitter pictures to support Shahrokh and Reza.
• Write to your MP and ask them to sign the Early Day Motion tabled by John McDonnell.
• Join us outside the Iranian Embassy, London on February 11 to hand in our petition signatures.