The following is a statement published on the Haft Tappeh Sugar Cane Company workers’ independent Telegram channel.
Day fifteen of the widespread strike and protest of the Haft Tappeh worker, Tuesday – July 27, 2021
Our main demands are as follows and the strike continues until the following demands are met:
– Immediate expulsion of the dismissed employer and trial of the corrupt*
– Immediate payment of the unpaid wages of all workers
– Immediate renewal of contracts of our workmates, including pest control and non-sugarcane workmates
– Reinstatement of all sacked workmates.
– Universal, fast and free vaccination against Corona.
Long live the united workers of Haft Tappeh. Long live Haft Tappeh, the strike capital of the world
A message from a workmate.
* In May 2021 a court revoked the privatisation that had made Omid Asadbeigi the CEO of Haft Tappeh.
Translation: Shahrokh Zamani Action Campaign