The following is a statement published on the Haft Tappeh Sugar Cane Company workers’ independent Telegram channel.
First day of Haft Tappeh workers’ strike, Tuesday – September 28, 2021
Workers protested in front of the company’s management building. The main demands of the striking workers were:
– Immediate resolution of the company’s management and clarifying the manner and price of the transfer of the company [to the state sector]
– Immediate payment of unpaid wages
– Speeding up of agricultural cultivation and factory repairs
– Reinstatement of sacked workers
– Renewal of seasonal contracts
– Announcement and carrying out of the sentence issued against Asadbeigi-Rostami in the embezzlement case*
– Close the legal case against Ms. Farzaneh Zilabi [the Haft Tappeh workers’ lawyer]
Until these demands are met, the Haft Tappeh strike continues.
* In May 2021 a court revoked the privatisation that had made Omid Asadbeigi the CEO of Haft Tappeh.
Translation: Shahrokh Zamani Action Campaign