On December 3rd 2019, the 72nd day of the latest Haft Tappeh strike, the workers decided to temporarily suspended their strike after the employer agreed to meet many of their demands.
In a statement published on the Haft Tappeh Workers’ Independent Channel (on Telegram), the workers mentioned many promises by their boss, including the following:
– Reinstatement of sacked workmates in less than five days
– Closing the litigation cases of all workmates at the Shush Prosecutor’s Office
– Depriving the employer of the authority to dismiss workers outside of the Disciplinary Committee proceedings
– Twice-yearly distribution of work clothes and shoes
– Timely payment of backpay
– Payment of retirees’ pensions within three months
– The immediate and unconditional renewal of insurance books and payment of insurance lists
– Various benefits and bonuses, including spouse benefit, hard labour, transport, rewards and productivity bonuses and so on.
The Haft Tappeh workers expect Esmail Bakhshi to be back at work by Wednesday December 11th.
The workers have emphasised that they have not ended their strike. This is a temporary suspension of their strike and that they are prepared to resume the strike if the employer breaks the promises he has made.
Shahrokh Zamani Action Campaign
6 December 2019
Source: Haft Tappeh Workers’ Independent Channel, December 3rd 2019.