The following is a short message published on the Haft Tappeh Sugar Cane Company workers’ independent channel on Telegram. Omid Asadbeigi is the former CEO and Mehrdad Rostami the Chairman of the Board of Haft Tappeh.
No to privatisation!
What do the Haft Tappeh workers want?
1. We, the workers of Haft Tappeh, do not want privatisation in any form.
2. We don’t want a handover to the likes of Asadbeigi and Rostami. We don’t want a handover to a competent private employer. A competent private [employer] means a more crooked and more thieving private [employer]: ‘A thief with a lamp, will rob you even more!’
3. We don’t want a fake privatisation; that is, a private appearance and a handover to state agents and families.
4. We don’t want a transfer to the bankrupt Social Security Organisation instead of a state loan. The Social Security Organisation would also gamble in the stock market and give the shares back to the likes of Asadbeigi.
5. We, the workers, say: Privatisation should be revoked, revoked categorically. The company should be state-owned under the supervision of the workers.
A group of Haft Tappeh workers from different sections [of the plant]
[16 December 2020]
Source: Haft Tappeh Sugar Cane Company workers’ independent Telegram channel
Translation: Shahrokh Zamani Action Campaign