Shahrokh Zamani: 1963-2015
Follow SZAC on TwitterMy Tweets
Sort code: 60-83-01
Account Number: 20018467
- Indiscriminate killing in Mahabad does not cow Kurdish masses!
- Esfahan Steel Mill workers go on strike
- Khuzestan Vanguard Socialist Workers’ Cell calls for a socialist government based on workers’ councils
- Iranian regime steps up arrests and threats as strikes spread
- Khuzestan’s Vanguard Socialist Workers call for general strike until socialist revolution’s victory
Category Archives: Teachers
On Thursday, December 23rd, teachers in over 100 towns and cities protested against low wages. Despite their union activists being summoned by the Iranian regime’s security agencies and told to cancel their planned demonstrations, the nationwide strike still went ahead.
Teachers and educators gathered in front of education departments in various towns and cities throughout Iran to continue their recent protests against the job classification scheme approved by the regime’s so-called ‘parliament’.Continue reading
The following is a statement issued by Iranian Workers’ Solidarity Network (IWSN), SZAC’s predecessor on May 9th 2010. Farzad Kamangar was a teacher.
Mohammad-Hossein Sepehri, a teacher jailed in Mashhad’s Vakilabad prison, has contracted Corona virus. Continue reading
Esmail Abdi, the former General Secretary of the Tehran Teachers’ Trade Association, was temporarily released from jail on March 17th.
Jailed teacher Hamid Rahmati was transferred to the prison infirmary earlier today – the sixth day of his hunger strike. Continue reading
There are at least six teachers still in the Iranian regime’s jails. Continue reading